At any rate, it turned out to be an infected sebaceous gland which was dealt with, antibiotics prescribed and fluid sent for testing - total cost of all of this will be under $40.00.
So, I am thankful that:
- It wasn't something worse.
- We have excellent health insurance.
- We live in close proximity to a world class hospital center, their affiliated primary care physicians office and their affiliated urgent care center. Less than 3 miles in any direction we have access to excellent health care, 24/7.
- That while we have some health issues they are easily managed, (aside from my not being able to walk very well) and aren't going to kill us anytime soon.
- I just turned 70 so I finally applied for Social Security and I'm thankful that, at this point in time, we don't need the money. We will eventually, some years down the line, but right now, it's like winning the lottery. When you have spent a good portion of your life dirt poor it seems unbelievable that we have reached this point.
- I've got a Shark Navigator cordless vacuum which means I can vacuum anytime I want. You may say "Why is that something to be thankful for?" The reason is, the litter box is in an empty closet at the rear of the apartment and the cats track so much kitty litter down the hallway that it becomes an extension of the litter box, and I hate it! Because of my back I can't wrangle the big vacuum cleaner so my husband does the vacuuming - once a week. If I ask him to vacuum the hallway because the kitty litter is making me crazy, his reaction is 'Don't look down'. Say what? In the last 4 years I have purchased several light weight cleaning devices, none of which did a very good job. Now it's easy-peasy. I'm happy with a litter-less house and my husband is happy his neatnik, OCD wife is off his case.
- For the last 5 days it has been hot and humid. Friday afternoon the weather finally returned to Autumn and I was lulled to sleep last night by howling winds. I find howling winds very comforting. Today is sunny, a cool-ish and oh so windy...Lovely. The trees aren't just 'bowing down their heads', they are getting whiplash...This is a mere hint of what's happening
I'm off to the kitchen as soon as I finish this to make meatballs and spaghetti sauce. I don't do it often and I'm so looking forward to dinner tonight. Yes, yes - I am one happy camper today and thoroughly grateful for it all..